Alexa Review

Alexa LogoBefore I start blogging I never know how important Alexa can be for my blog. I heard a lot of pros and cons so I think to myself that Alexa has glitched in their system that's why I didn't care about Alexa before but that was my problem I let other people judgment control my mind. Right now as you can see I even put a widget displaying my Alexa rank and links. So let's get deeper with Alexa.

History of Alexa

Source: Alexa
Founded in April 1996, Alexa Internet grew out of a vision of Web navigation that is intelligent and constantly improving with the participation of its users. Along the way Alexa has developed an installed based of millions of toolbars, one of the largest Web crawls and an infrastructure to process and serve massive amounts of data.

What is Alexa?

Alexa.com is U.S.-based subsidiary company of Amazon.com that is known for its toolbar and website. Alexa is a website which provides data of the traffic level for website.

Alexa Toolbar

Source: Alexa
Alexa Toolbar

Alexa could not exist without the participation of the Alexa Toolbar community. Each member of the community, in addition to getting a useful tool, is giving back. Simply by using the toolbar each member contributes valuable information about the web, how it is used, what is important and what is not. This information is returned to the community as Related Links, Traffic Rankings and more.

What is Traffic Rank?

Source: Alexa
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. 

The main Alexa traffic rank is based on a value derived from these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users). The three-month change is determined by comparing the site's current rank with its rank from three months ago. For example, on July 1, the three-month change would show the difference between the rank based on traffic during the first quarter of the year and the rank based on traffic during the second quarter.

Alexa High Rank

Having a high rank in Alexa is definitely a great way to attract potential advertisers. Imagine if you ranked number 1 out of millions and millions of websites and blogs all over the world. Advertisers and some Ad networks use Alexa rank to determine the value of advertising to you website or blog. So whether you want to attract potential advertisers or to add more prices on your ads space make sure to have a high rank in Alexa.

Conclusion

I know I have a long way to go and right now my target is to get in the top 100,000. For me Alexa is very helpful to a lot bloggers and webmasters.
Alexa Traffic Rank
Alexa Site Widget